Dark Embrace


Dark Embrace

Cold is the night and full the moon,
deathly silent, through your window I observe you.
I, a hunter and you, my prey,
watching for when in your bed you will lay. 
I await with insurmountable patience
the moment I shall have you in my presence.
As the hours pass all grows still,
I enter your bower and approach in silence,
viewing your sleep and inhale deep,
the scent of life emanates while you dream.
Normally, my victim, already you would have been,
but, something detains me; imagining’s? maybe. 

In all the centuries of my existence
never had I felt this experience.
I enter with a singular objective
and full of intention,
the hunger besieges me
and your blood beckons.
Battling with my nature,
cautiously your slumbering body I observe
when in my direction you turn.
I realize once more, the vitality at you core,
your blood I can almost taste
nearly knocking a lamp over in my haste.
I hear the blood running through your veins
and the beat of your heart which reminds me,
that mine, desiccated, will vibrate, never more. 

Even feeling thus something touches me;
could it be possible? Incapable of tender feelings,
what is it that stops me? This I do not understand,
observing you with curiosity;
what does he possess that stays my hand?
The humanity within illuminates him like firebrand
and I, a black butterfly attracted by the shine.
I do not wish to destroy that which,
within him glimmers,
I would prefer to be part of it,
but know not if I am worthy
for I have been a great sinner. 

I am a monster, for whom blood means life
yet a legend speaks of a possibility that love,
for creatures such as I, also exists.
Could it be that this fragile human
can be what my solitary existence
hath sought without knowing?
The choice, he will have to make,
without compulsion and born of the heart.
Being what I am, I could easily
make him love me, but it would destroy
his soul and be a lie I could not accept abidingly.
With all my faculties and supernatural abilities
I can only hope that he sees beyond my
despicable acts and my multitude of wrongs.
In my extended existence never, had I felt
this that now burdens me,
and, until this moment, had not known.
This feeling for a frail mortal
causes me trepidation, because surely,
this endeavor will never come to fruition.

In the moment of this deep contemplation
the human awakes and observes me
with certain confusion. His first questions are: 
Who you are?  How did you enter? 
Why have you come?

I will not do you harm,
I was only observing your time of dreams.
I am called Mozelle, and I am,
to be sure, a terrifying
and bloodthirsty creature,
alas I cannot injure you
and that is somewhat perplexing. 
What a novel sensation,
this feeling of refrain.
Something came to life within me,
when first your countenance, I did see.
Until this moment I knew not,
what was confusing me thus.
I came to clarify my doubts,
find the answers to the questions
that have plagued me with restless bouts
nd, now that you are awake
I realize how much is at stake.

From the first moment that I saw your face,
you introduced my dead heart to something
that could not possibly take place.
And now that the answers have come clear,
I will depart this place and lessen your fear.
I turned towards the window to exit…
(He whispers): "please do not go". 
I hesitate; what must I do, (I ask) to ease your mind?
It would easy to compel you not to fear,
but very difficult that you accept my love
and the eternity I wish to share.
This is a unique gift that I offer,
yet the decision is yours and,
your choice, sadly, I must obey.
But be warned to accept,
you should understand what it implies;
I will have to make you as I am,
to prolong your life. Together we will walk
through the passages of time,
discovering the intricacies of this love sublime.
She lowers her head in dread of the refusal
that surely she must come to expect. 

Finally he answers: "To wander in perpetuity,
a high price to pay for a love you
are not certain you can claim." 
His heart races at the thought of her plight,
knowing that upon making this decision,
there will be no going back, after this night.
He ponders, and then:
"In an immortal I choose to become,
by your side, together, we shall walk as one,
from now and until always we shall be,
lovers for eternity."
Looking deeply into his eyes,
"you are sure?" 
Assenting with his head "I am". 

"Then an oath to you I do solemnly swear;
I will love you for always and a night,
you will be the only one in my bed,
my body and mind, we will share this existence
and our love will be eternal,
for there never has been
or ever will be another."
A single swift movement opened her vein
to offer the elixir that, to him,
immortality would bring. 
A tear of blood sprouted in her eye
when his head in acceptance inclined,
“take my darling, what,
with so much love I offer”.

In that moment the pact was sealed
and their union they did consummate,
commemorating the occasion in which
they became a legend no one would ever forget…

Sonya M./Gypsy Red
DEC.2011




Comments

  1. My goodness, your muse has returned with ten league boots on, bearing gift of words with a little of the night music thrown in. I would say that your page design presentations are quite magnificent (some Faustian pact with the Lords of HTML perhaps). Your repost and that preceding showing that you can write most others into a cocked hat. Breathless stuff Excellent.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A faustian pact lololol I love it! I try to make may page as interesting and stimulating as possible for my guest readers as well as myself, an ethereal world of magical words. I am so pleased that you enjoy browsing and reading my work it makes it worth doing. If you should ever want a piece mounted on an image I would be happy to help you create one.Thank you for the wonderful comment.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for that kind offer, for kind you are. Wishing you a fine and interesting week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment