Empath…

Empath…
I ruminate incessantly about this secret I must hide,
not knowing what to do because my private world
and the mundane would disastrously collide. 

Very few can understand and even less can relate,
I would be considered strange being by all my piers,
if it was known, the rarity of my state.

Amongst my own in hushed tones it is discussed
but more times than not silence is kept as a must,
Where can I turn to, who do I trust? 

Those I have told turn their back me and run. 
So in silence I keep my plait, some see it
as a blessing from the creator or some such
yet for others I am
insane  
 or cursed, by something unholy  touched,
this has alienated me from anyone 

that I could have loved,
never honestly being myself or able to open up.

In my daily rat race, 

a facade I maintain, 
a cool exterior of just another plain Jane 
yet if I had been born in another time, another era, 
I would have certainly burned at the stake.
I have sought to understand 

the definitions given for my unique traits, 
empath, precog, oracle and prophet,
depending on the beliefs of the describer.

How do I reconcile this with my day to day life and,
will I ever be able to freely be all that I am,
without having to hide? 

This curse has granted me such penance, 
never to be accepted or loved
by any man future, past or present…

Gypsy red
Dec 2011

Comments

  1. Great compliments paid here ... alas I only read the queens English :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol thank you my friend, fear not, most of my pieces are in both English and Spanish although I have one or two that are in Portuguese and/or Italian. If there is any that is in another language and you would like to read it let me know and I will post it in English or be happy to translate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment