Desire

Desire

Two lonely souls without words, 
to each other speak,
words are not necessary 
for they fully understand 
the language of need.
One hungers for tactile sensations 
to climb the summit
the other yearns for sexual release.

Some would find this vulgar or lax morality, 
but reality dictates that desire 
can overtake even the most pious entity. 
A look can speak volumes, 
a touch can bring down the walls 
that were built over time, 
a whisper can awaken a passion 
that dormant has lain 
and stoke it into a 
burning hot conflagration, 
an exquisitely bright flame.

These feelings do not have to masquerade 
as something they are not; 
it is not about love it is simply about want.
Desire needs no justification 
or to fit in someone’s idea of propriety, 
it is what it is and it knows 
without a doubt what it is not.


Sonya M.
10-04-2010

Comments

  1. You must forgive my browsing ... you are a fearless writer ... on all manner of tilt of subject that I would not be able to construct or write upon ... Had I a cap to hand I would gladly doff it to one who writes much better than me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thank you, but you sir are being modest you are an eloquent writer that displays elegance and grace in your words. I may very well be fearless but that is because I am beholden to none but me. I write what I know, what I have lived and the things I believe in without worrying what anybody will say about it, fortunately it has for the most part been well received. As for your browsing, you have cart blanch, brows away and enjoy at your leisure.

      Delete

Post a Comment