Naked



http://deepundergroundpoetry.com/images/uploads/poemimages/58868.jpg
Naked I stand before you, feelings in the raw, passions fire bright
my true strength is in being a woman that knows her name,
fearing no man, knowledge in my worth, wisdom is my might.  

I am she who shame cannot touch, hate cannot budge,
femininity is my way, my womb is my weapon,
I birth warriors and populate nations.
 
Delicate does not mean fragile, soft does not equal weak,
I am mother to the world, the world, children born of me,
Women are the Alpha and the Omega, without us life is bleak.
 
Yet, we are one half of a whole without our counterpart;  
the virile mate is the goal for women everywhere,
yet love such supersedes all else, life must imitate art.
 
If I open a whole in chest and show you my bleeding heart
would you love me best? I think not, nothing would change
for weakness never does impress, it rips things apart.
 
On my own two feet fearlessly I will always stand,
my nudity is insignificant, clothing, a woman does make,
I am a fighter and of courage I am armor clad.
 
This is why alone, naked and with no pretenses I stand,
I am woman, my name is [ * ];
Take me as I am or leave me alone, that is, my demand…
 
Gypsy red

Comments